Sunday, January 27, 2013

“You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”

I woke up early this morning fresh with inspiration.
This weekend I opened my eyes and searched for joyfullness in all things that came my way.
And find I did.
I found it in 'Shul' through Prayer, Friendships and a little bit of vodka!
I found it at home connecting with my beautiful DD.
On Lincoln Road,
gasping at the new design in the window of Anthropologie
talking to this artist in his studio at the ART CENTER on Lincoln Road.
stumbling across an outdoor concert of magnificent classical music
and by reading WILD by Cheryl Strayed from the first page till the last.
But most importantly
I am intoxicated with excitement
anticipating my kids coming to visit this week.
And that is what got me out of bed early
and with great enthusiasm
I created 2 layouts.
I want to remember how I feel today.
And I will.
Because of these works of love.
How will you remember how you feel today...

 
Our new baby is coming home to me.
I can't wait to see how she's grown and changed in the 3 months I haven't seen her.
 
 
I've bee working on this canvas all week.
Every day I look at it and add something else.
Until I feel like it's done.
 
 


So there you have it.
Now you know what I did this morning.

“I knew that if I allowed fear to overtake me, my journey was doomed. Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.”

-Cheryl Strayed 'WILD'

4 comments:

Chana Lew said...

Love this. I've been really uninspired. Or maybe just a whiff of inspired that feels like way too much effort. Gonna the club method.

Your expression and your art move me. That's my whiff of inspiration for today.

karen said...

i love it! thanks!

Rochelle said...

Magnificent!!

donkey and the carrot said...

wow!!! and how cute is the little one???