Wednesday, May 9, 2012

“Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy” ― Isaac Newton

Today I had an epiphany.
For 30 years or so on and off I have been walking the boardwalk.
Never have I seen anything but happiness.
I've never experienced people fighting.
No road rage.
No screaming kids.
Only happy people.
Playing kickball.
Throwing frisbees.
Just having fun.
So it occurred to me that when human beings enjoy G-d given nature they are at their best.
There's nothing to argue about.
"it's my water give it back"
or "stop touching my sand"
even better "i'm not sharing the sun with you".
There's more than enough to go around.
Hashem's world is peaceful and for everyone to enjoy.
We only fight when we want something physical that is Man Made.
And even if we get it we want more.
Because having one more 'thing' never quite satisfies us.
What is free is what fills our heart and mind with happiness and peace.
Air, mountains, trees, water, that is what makes us happy.

Anne Frank

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”
Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

Sometimes when I make a layout it is more about the beauty of Hashem's world than anything else.


I can't believe I made that layout 6 years ago.
Wow!
My daughter took that picture of my son walking on a stormy winter day.
So beautiful.
I had to make a memory out of it.


This is the beautiful oceanside of Miami Beach.
Where heaven meets earth...
Take a picture of where you are today.
A tree near your house that is particularly beautiful.
Your front garden.
The park you take your daily walk in.
Maybe even the steps you sit on in front of your house or building.
It's all part of your every day life experience.
It's worth remembering.

0 comments: