Friday, December 28, 2012

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

I have been accused of loving 'my' knitting, scrapbooking, crafting
more than anything in the whole world.
The truth is
I love being busy.
I love color.
I love using my hands.
(used to play the piano)
I love creating somehing uniquely mine.
I love baking too.
But that doesn't last for eternity.
(Except on my hips.)
I love the idea that I might make something that could become an hierloom.
Imagine my great great great granchild wondering who I was.
Or possibly identifying with her namesake...
(now I'm getting carried away!)
The truth is I love to create.
Period.
I'm working on a sweater for myself.
It will be fun to see how it comes out
being that I'm not using a pattern.
The colors are totally me.
Hope I finish it before it gets cold here.


“Every day is an opportunity to be creative – the canvas is your mind, the brushes and colours are your thoughts and feelings, the panorama is your story, the complete picture is a work of art called, ‘my life’. Be careful what you put on the canvas of your mind today – it matters.” — Innerspace

I got this in the mail the other day.
I love that the school took the time out to send a picture of the artist and art to Bubbies all across the world.
It hangs on my fridg.
(painted black with chalk paint.
for another post.)


....and I'm also working on these two projects...

This will be an afghan I am commissioned to do for a client!


This will be an afghan I am doing for myself.


So there you have it.
Keeping busy.
How do you keep yourself occupied?
remember...

Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.
Earl Nightingale


0 comments: