Thursday, April 18, 2013

I love noise, I love silence...

“To make the right choices in life, 
you have to get in touch with your soul. 
To do this, 
you need to experience solitude, 
which most people are afraid of, 
because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions.” 
― Deepak Chopra

A wonderful insight....

I love noise.
I love silence.
In noise I get to connect with others.
In silence I get to connect with myself.
Knitting is the way I use silence to be productive.
I need to create while I meditate.
When I knit and it's noisy
it feels like I'm swimming against the current.
Knitting has always been something I've enjoyed.
Been doing it since I'm a little girl.
I remember as a teenager
knitting through the night
in my room
listening to music.
There's nothing that brings me back
as when I knit and listen to oldies...
I'm working on preparing different knitting projects.
I need to have one or two going at any given time.
Lucky for me I met a friend who is a knitting genius.
She worked in knitting all her life and creates patterns.
Knowing her inspires me to step out of my comfort zone.
There is so much to learn.
If I could exist without sleep
I would knit through the nights.
The only downside is...
I SHOULD BE EXERCISING INSTEAD!

Here is a sneak peek of one I'm working on.
First one is my favorite pattern - chevron.
I love knitting or crocheting chevron.
When I am done
this will be a gorgeous
expensive,
10's of hours worth
of love
(crocheting is slower than knitting sometimes)
AFGHAN.
Here is the first panel.



So that's it for now.
While I keep busy with my new IPhone,
Words With Friends, (facebook game)
knitting,
scrapbooking
and working,
I will continue to contemplate life
and learn something new every day.




3 comments:

schap said...

what do i have to do to get one of those! love it!

Unknown said...

well the fact that u commented gets you one step closer!

Rina said...

wow. thats awesome!