Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Took 54 years to truly enjoy...

“In truth a family is what you make it. 
It is made strong, not by number of heads counted at the dinner table, 
but by the rituals you help family members create, 
by the memories you share, 
by the commitment of time, 
caring, 
and 
love you show to one another, 
and 
by the hopes for the future you have as individuals and as a unit.”
Marge Kennedy

So it took me 54 years to truly enjoy Pesach.
And it was worth the wait.
Do you want to know what ENJOY means?
Having all my children under one roof
fast asleep...
Walking towards the kitchen in the morning
knowing
as I turn the corner
little humans will be running towards me
shrieking
bubbieeeeee.....
as the wrap their little arms
around my legs.
Listening from the other room
to the bursts of laughter
coming from my children
loving each other through teasing
as only a family has permission to do.
Knowing all the while
they are building bonds
stronger than steel
never to be broken.
Gathering together
twice a day
for a delicious meal
and accepting authentic praise
for making yummy food
out of 5 ingredients
for 7 days.
Sharing private minutes with each of my children
reconnecting through hugs and kisses
listening
and hearing
who they are
who they've become
and who I am becoming
through their process.
Because at the end of the day
my children is the sum of all my parts.
When they leave I focus back on myself.
I am left with lessons learned
from my children
(and there are many
which I will slowly share
as they become part of me).
Enjoyment
is being in the moment.
We had 10 days of
intense
sweet
meaningful
light
awesome
moments.
Because at the end of the day
it's not about how much we have
it's about how much we enjoy...











.I love hand stitching on a layout about family.
It feels cozy!



4 comments:

Mom said...

More often than not we need those years to acquire the wisdom. Beautiful post Faygie. The picture says it all.

Stacy Cohen said...

Your words are so lovely!! Thank you for the reminder to be grateful for these moments of togetherness. Your page and the family photo are both beautiful!!

Fashion-isha said...

Hi! How have you been? I finally understand! I just become a grandma myself for the first time. The love is incredible! Have a good Shabbos!
xo
Sharon

Rochelle said...

This is one of my favorite pages. LOVE LOVE what you wrote...and love the layout. It's magnificent.