Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Creativity is the act of self discovery.

Over 30 years ago I moved to Miami.
It didn't take but 30 seconds and I was smitten.
I know it's true love because I feel exactly the same now as I did then.
Early morning birds chirping...
Light breeze from the ocean...
Fans whirring...
Long shadows on the wall toward the evening...
The list goes on.
Never gets old.
And
all this loveliness inspires me every day.
Love of beauty is taste
the creation of beauty is art.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Over the years I've discovered my creativity in different ways.
Mostly through scrapbooking.
Which is why I started this blog.
Now I'm HEAVY into watercolor and markers.
And I'm having a ball.
I wish  y'all would try it.
Believe me when I tell you
There is a little artist in you begging to be released.
Pick up a marker and you'll see what I mean.
This here is a Zentangle/markers collaboration.

First I draw...


 Now the fun part.




And while we're at it...




JOY!
COLORS!
ZENTANGLE!
MARKERS!
It's a great way to challenge yourself.
Joy is what happens to us when we recognize how good things really are.

2 comments:

chanasarale said...

Love these ! You're so talented!!

Rochelle said...

Ma I LOVE LOVE that second one...you're awesome.